(By the way, apologies for the absence last week - I was stuck under a duvet after catching a sickbug from the kiddos.)
1) What Christmas Means to Me - A simple evangelistic piece from J John sharing the way Christmas has changed for him.
2) Habits of Light for a World of Darkness - Justin Whitmel Earley shares his habit resource for Advent & Christmas - some good stuff here.
3) Prayers for the Advent Season - A collection of contemporary prayers for this season taken from a new book.
4) Leading a Carol Service - A friend is leading his church's carol service and asked for tips to 'help make it a really great experience to those who don't usually attend church'. There's some brilliant responses. In fact, whilst we're on lists, here's '12 Unconventional Christmas Event Tips', which offers a slightly wider focus.
5) The Pastor as Curator - I guess this is kinda what the Refill is about, but it's something perhaps all of us can overlook.
6) Charlie’s Bar: How this viral advert encourages and challenges the Church - Have you seen the moving two minute Christmas advert for Charlie’s Bar, Enniskillen? Take a look. And read Alexandra Drew's article exploring how it might challenge the church.
7) Thanksgiving '97. The day Barney was killed - I don't think I've seen this before. Strangely mesmorising.
Don't forget you can subscribe to this blog, either as a free sign-up or you can contribute to the running costs of the site and support local ministry by being part of The Sunday Refill Club for the price of a coffee per month!