1) A Conversation with Tim Keller: On Cancer, Book Recommendations, Celebrity, and the Reformed Resurgence – Listening to 70-year old Tim Keller reflect on life since his pancreatic cancer diagnosis, Christian celebrity, and ‘reformed’ evangelicalism, is a fascinating listen – including some really interesting observations on evangelicalism in the UK.
2) Katharsis Culture – Alan Jacobs’ reading of so-called ‘cancel culture’ is a worthy investment of your time.
3) Sea Shanties: A New Song for Your City? – I enjoyed this little piece on the TikTok Sea Shanty trend.
4) Why We Need Fiction for Moral Formation – I haven’t dipped into this recording yet, but knowing Russell Moore, this will be fascinating.
5) Sorrow Fades – Love this new track from EMU Music. Recalling God’s words of comfort to Israel after the destruction of Jerusalem, this is a delightful song that acknowledges that this life can be tough, but we have a Hope that awaits us and can even now join in the praises of the heavenly assembly.
6) It’s Far Too Late to Think About Death When You’re Dying – Let’s Do It Now – I’ve been encouraged by some of the Credo columns in The Times of late. Personal goal right there by the way. Here’s Graham Tomlin brilliantly pointing out that we’ve talked a lot about the number of deaths, but not much about death itself.
7) ‘Totally Fixed Where We Are’ – For something a bit different, ok, yes I could have gone for the Handforth Parish Council Zoom (Google it if that rings no bells), but for me it was hearing the Marsh Family nail this third lockdown…
Sharing is caring. Know someone who might find these links a blessing? Why not forward it on?